To start using Klaviyo as your email Auto Responder, you will need to complete a few easy steps first. These steps are described here for your reference.
1. Obtain your Klaviyo Account: Go to https://www.klaviyo.com and Sign Up for an account.
2. Create your Account: Enter the information required by Klaviyo in order to create your account.
3. Obtain your API Keys: After creating your account, you will need to create a Private API Key. Navigate to the Settings menu and click on "API Keys". From here you will find your Public API Key and be able to create your Private API Key.
Now that you have created your account and located your API Keys, you can plug this information into LimeLight. In your CRM, you will need to navigate to Settings > Providers and click on the Actions drop-down arrow and select "Add New Provider Profile". Click on "Auto-Responder/Email" as the provider type and then select Klaviyo from the Provider drop-down list. A box will pop up where you will need to enter in the following information:
Alias: Create a name for your Klaviyo profile.This is for internal purposes only; it helps you identify a specific Auto Responder account among several of them in your platform.
API Private Key: This is obtained through your Klaviyo terminal as described above.
API Public Key: This is obtained through your Klaviyo terminal as described above.
SAVE your profile.
Add Klaviyo to your Campaign: When creating or editing your campaign, you will see at the very bottom of the page the option to enable an Auto Responder to your campaign. Once you select an Auto Responder, Klaviyo in this case, two more fields will appear: Prospect Id and Customer Id, you will enter the List Id’s that can be found in your Klaviyo terminal under Lists & Segments > Click on the Name > List Settings, You will use the unique List ID for your Prospect list and for your Customer list.
- Klaviyo ‘Segments’ do not currently work with the LimeLight integration.
- Please note that this is a standard auto responder integration, so only customer and prospect information will be sent to Klaviyo such as First Name, Last Name, Email and Phone number.