After you have created your products, you will then move on to configure your billing models.
To add a new billing model, you will need to navigate to Offers & Campaigns > Billing Models, and select "Add" from the 'Actions' drop-down menu.
Define a unique name to identify the record. This value will be used internally only.
Select the subscription type for your product. The following subscription types are available:
Allows the quantity purchased upon an initial order to apply to the subsequent recurring orders through the duration of the subscription
- Bill by cycle: This selection will allow you to define how many calendar days until a subscription is rebilled.
Example: if you would like the product rebill to occur every 15 days, then enter 15 in the 'days to next billing' field. The rebill will happen every 15 calendar days.
- Bill by date: This selection will allow you to define the calendar date each month in which the subscription is rebilled.
NOTE: If you set a billing date for the 28th, 29th, 30th or 31st of the month, and there is a month that does not include one of those dates, the customer will be billed on the last calendar day of the month.
Example: if you want your subscription to bill on the 15th day of every month, then enter 15 in the 'billing date' field.
- Bill by day: This selection will allow you to set a specific day of the month in which the subscription is rebilled.
Example: if you want your subscription to bill on the first Friday of every month, then you would select “First” then “Friday” in the billing day fields.
- Bill by Schedule: This selection will allow you to create up to 365 specific calendar dates when the next recurring product is billed.
Example: if you want your subscription to bill on March 21, May 5 and November 01 you would choose those dates as the specific Billing Dates.
Buffer Days allows you additional control of client billing. If you provide a value in this field, our system will look to see if the current date is within the range of buffer days. If it is, then the customer will be pushed to the next schedule billing date. For example, if today’s date is 8/17 and you set up a value of 3 buffer days and the next scheduled bill date is 8/20, the customer would not be billed on 8/20. They will be billed on the next scheduled
- Bill by Relative Date: This selection will allow you to rebill your customers based on the date the sign up for the subscription on either a Monthly or Yearly frequency.
Example: if your customer signs up on Jan 20th, they will be rebilled the 20th of every month.
Straight Sale Billing Model
Each account is set up with a default billing model, called "Straight Sale". This billing model cannot be edited or deleted by a user. You would use this as your billing model if your product is not recurring. This will automatically be set as your default billing model unless you configure additional billing models and set one of those as your default.
NOTE: If the order is created via API, and the billing model Id is NOT passed, we will assume the default billing model.
Once you have configured your billing models, you can then move on to configure your Offers