To configure the Paypal Express Gateway into your LimeLight platform, you will go to Settings > Providers and click on the Actions drop-down arrow and select "Add New Provider Profile". Click on "Payment" as the provider type and then select Paypal Express from the Provider drop-down list. You will then need to fill out the required parameters.
These parameters are briefly described here for your reference:
Username: This will be provided to you by Paypal Express Gateway.
Password: This will be provided to you by Paypal Express Gateway.
Signature: This will be provided to you by Paypal Express Gateway.
Currency: The Paypal Express Gateway currently supports USD, EUR, GBP, CAD, AUD, ZAR, JPY, DKK, NOK, SEK, BRL, CLP, MXN, KRW, NZD, SGD, HKD, CHF, and TWD currencies.
Gateway Alias: Name that you will assign to the gateway. This is for internal purposes only; it helps you identify a specific gateway account among several of them in your CRM.
Once your gateway profile has been created, then you will go through your campaigns and assign the gateway to the corresponding campaign(s).
Adding Paypal Express to a Lime Light Campaign
1. Under the list of payment types for your campaign, select Paypal Express under Other.
2. Under the Gateway Configuration for your campaign, select your Paypal Express Gateway profile at the Alternative Payment Provider field.
Other Paypal Express Gateway Notes
- The Paypal Express Gateway must be used in conjunction with a single credit card gateway on your campaign, but load balancing with credit card gateways is not supported when using PayPal Express on a campaign .
- There is an inability to void transactions made through the Paypal Express Gateway.
- There is an inability to perform partial refunds through the Paypal Express Gateway. All refunds must be in full.
- The Paypal Express Gateway does not support decline reprocessing.
- The Paypal Express Gateway does not support recurring transactions.
- The Paypal Express Gateway does not support after order upsells via webforms integration.
- The Paypal Express Gateway is the payment module where the customer gets redirected to their Paypal account to complete payment.
Integrating Paypal Express Using the API
- The get_alternative_provider API method within our Membership API must be used to retrieve redirection information for Paypal Express. Please visit our API documentation for further details.
- The alt_pay_token and alt_pay_payer_id must be retrieved when using the NewOrder or NewOrderWithProspect API methods within our Transaction API. Please visit our API documentation for further details.
Please find here a description of the payment process that takes place when using PayPal Express with the Lime Light API:
-Upon the customer selecting PayPal Express as the payment method you will post a get_alternative_provider call to the Membership API
Please visit our API documentation to find the parameters used for this call, notice that this call requires you to provide us with a "return_url", this URL is the one that will be used after the customer completes the transaction on PayPal.
-In response to the get_alternative_provider call you will receive a "redirect_url" with a token Id in it; and you will use this URL to redirect the customer to PayPal so they can process the payment
- When the customer has completed their payment on PayPal you'll receive the final outcome to the "return_url" that you provided with the get_alternative_provider call
- In this return_url you will get the token Id and payer Id that you'll need to populate in the "alt_pay_token" and "alt_pay_payer_id" fields with the NewOrder or NewOrderWithProspect calls to the Transaction API to complete the order in your CRM
- The field names will appear in the return_url as in the following example: