To start using Imnica as your email Auto Responder, you will need to complete a few easy steps first. These steps are described here for your reference.
1. Where to obtain your Imnica Account: go to www.imnicamail.com and sign up for an account.
2. Create your Account: Enter the information required by Imnica and sign up for an account. You will have several options depending on your contact list size.
3. Create Two New Lists: When working with Imnica, you will need to create two separate lists. Click on the List menu option, then select create new list, and it will take you to the following screen:
First, type a name for your List; for our example we have used Lime Light Customers. For Subscription type, we suggest to select “no confirmation required. When creating your lists, it is important that you disable the "double opt-in" feature so that you can keep your prospects and customers in sync between Imnica and the Lime Light CRM. If the "double opt-in" feature is enabled, we will not be able to automatically move a prospect over to your customer list until the confirmed opt-in process has been completed. Afterwards, click on “Create List”. Repeat these steps to create your second List.
Once you have created both Lists, click on both of them from the List menu so that you can obtain the List Id’s that are needed to add to your Lime Light CRM campaign configuration. The List Id will be the number that appears at the end of the domain URL after you click on the list name. These list Id’s will need to be added to the Prospect Id and Customer Id fields in the Lime Light CRM as discussed in step 6.
4. Adding Custom Fields: With the Imnica system, you have the ability to add custom fields. Custom fields let you collect detailed information about your subscribers, and let you personalize your emails using this information. Adding custom fields is essential if want to accept data that is being passed through the Lime Light CRM like the Address, City, etc.
You can reach the custom fields page by clicking on a created list from the List menu. Once there, choose Custom Fields under List Options.
5. Add the Email Provider to your Lime Light CRM Account: at this point you must already have your Imnica account completely set up. Go to your Lime Light CRM account, and go to Auto Responders>Email Providers. Select Imnica as your email provider and click “Add Email Provider”.
Now a new window will open up asking you for the following Imnica parameters:
- Username - This is provided by Imnica.
- Password - This is provided by Imnica.
- API Endpoint – This is provided by Imnica.
- Alias – create an alias for internal purposes only. This alias will help you organize among multiple providers in the future since you may have multiple Imnica accounts within our system.
Then save it.
When creating a new campaign or editing an existing campaign you can assign a new email provider and list ID’s if you wish.
6. Add the List IDs to your Campaign: When creating or editing your Campaign XY, you will see at the very bottom of the page the option to enable an Auto Responder for this Campaign. Once you select an Auto Responder, Imnica in this case, two more fields will appear: Prospect Id and Customer Id, you will enter the List Id’s that were provided to you once your Lists were created in step 3 of this document. For this example we used 19 and 20; just enter them as in the following illustration and click “Save”:
Please be aware that you only need to go through the Imnica set up once. After you have your account set up and get all the API information needed from them, you can easily create, access, and manage your Lists and assign them to your Campaigns as needed.