To start using GetResponse360 as your email Auto Responder you will need to complete a few easy steps first. These steps are described here for your reference.
1. Where to obtain your GetResponse360 Account: go to www.getresponse360.com and sign up for an account. Please be aware that GetResponse360 API is not available with free accounts.
2. Create your Account: enter the information required by GetResponse360 and sign up for an account. You will have several options depending on your contact list size.
3. Acquire your GetResponse360 API Key: once your account has been set up, now you can go to “My Account” in the upper right corner of the screen, look for the icon with the Key that says “Use GetResponse360 API” and click on it.
The next screen will come up with your API Key, log this information as you will need it in future steps:
4. Create Two New Campaigns: Please keep in mind that when working with GetResponse360, they use the term Campaign for what Lime Light considers to be a List. This means that when you are creating two Campaigns, you are actually creating two Lists, which can be your Prospects List and your Customers List.
You may have a list of prospects and a list of customers for each campaign. For some of them the list of prospects may be the same if the campaigns are very similar, this means that you can use the same list for multiple campaigns; however, the list of customers will differ from one to another. You will be able to create as many lists as you need depending on your needs for the Campaign(s) you are working on.
Click on the drop down arrow next to “your current campaign”, select create campaign, and it will take you to the following screen:
You will type in a name for your Campaign, for our example we have used limelightcustomertest, and click on “Create New Campaign”. Repeat these steps to create your second Campaign, in this example we used limelightprospecttest.
Once you have created both Campaigns (Lists), log the names of each as you will use it in future steps within Lime Light CRM. These Campaign names are what we called the Prospect List ID, and the Customer List ID within Lime Light CRM system.
5. Disable “Confirmed opt-in” for your Campaigns: When creating your campaigns, it is important that you disable the "Confirmed opt-in" feature so that you can keep your prospects and customers in sync between GetResponse360 and Lime Light CRM. If the "Confirmed opt-in" feature is enabled, we will not be able to automatically move a prospect over to your customer list until the confirmed opt-in process has been completed. For API access, which is how we communicate to GetResponse360, the Confirmed Opt-in feature can be disabled by sending a request directly to GetResponse360.
For any other way that you may use to subscribe prospects and/or customers to your lists, you can disable the Confirm Opt-in from your end following the steps described below.
Once you are done creating your two Campaigns, go to Campaigns List and look under settings, click on the tool icon for “Campaign Settings”.
It will take you to the General Settings view; look for the tab that says “Permission” and click on it. Once in the Permission view, uncheck the box to Enable “Confirm opt-in” for Email subscriptions, Web subscriptions, and Panel subscriptions so that way your prospects or customers do not need to double opt-in and confirm to receive your emails, regardless of how they get subscribed to your lists. Also, please contact GetResponse to make sure the double opt-in feature is disabled from their end.
This Opt-In settings are under the Permission view for each Campaign:
6. Adding Custom Fields: With the GetResponse360 system, you have the ability to add custom fields. Custom fields let you collect detailed information about your subscribers, and let you personalize your emails using this information. Adding custom fields is essential if want to accept data that is being passed through the Lime Light CRM like the Address, City, etc. If you do not enable any custom fields to pass over this information, only name, email address and IP address will be passed with each record.
You can reach the custom fields page by selecting Custom Fields from the Contact drop-down menu.
7. Add the Email Provider to your Lime Light CRM Account: at this point you must already have your GetResponse360 account completely set up. Go to your Lime Light CRM account and go to Auto Responders>Email Providers. Select GetResponse360 as your email provider and click “Add Email Provider”.
Now a new window will open up asking you for the following GetResponse360 parameters:
- API–Key – provided by the email provider
- 360 URL - provided by the email provider
- Alias – create an alias for internal purposes only. This alias will help you organize among multiple providers in the future, since you may have multiple GetResponse accounts within our system.
Then save it.
When creating a new campaign or editing an existing campaign you can assign a new email provider and list ID’s if you wish.
8. Add the List IDs to your Campaign: When creating or editing your Campaign XY, you will see at the very bottom of the page the option to enable an Auto Responder for this Campaign. Once you select an Auto Responder, GetResponse360 in this case, two more fields will appear: Prospect List ID and Customer List ID, you will enter the Campaign names that you created in your GetResponse360 account, for this example we used: limelightcustomertest and limelightprospecttest, submit them as in the following illustration and click “Save”:
Please be aware that you only need to go through the GetResponse360 set up once. After you have your account set up and get all the API information needed from them, you can easily create, access, and manage your Lists and assign them to your Campaigns as needed.