LimeLight’s 3D Verify is integrated directly into your checkout process. 3D Verify allows you to perform a 3D protected transaction, without having to redirect the customer to their bank to enter in personal information. This will shift chargeback risk away from you and onto the issuing bank without adding friction to the checkout process.
With LimeLight’s 3D Verify:
- Moves liability for chargebacks due to fraud from the merchant to the card issuer
- Improve online transaction security with an authenticated payment system
- Easily integrated with our Payment Gateway for an added layer of fraud protection
- Integration directly into your checkout process
- Protect your business from potential chargebacks on your first rebill
If you would like to use the 3D Verify feature with your gateway, you will need to contact email@example.com to sign up. From there, we will enable this feature for you in your platform. We will need to know which gateways you would like this feature enabled on.
The available gateways for 3D Verify are the following:
- LimeLight Gateway
- LimeLight 2.0
- Network Merchant Inc. (Please see list below of supported Processors)
- Maverick Gateway
- Maxx Merchant
- Durango Direct (Formerly known as National BankCard)
- Pay Scout
- Your LimeLight Client Success rep will help you obtain your API credentials, you will need to provide the following:
- Merchant Name
- Contact First Name & Last Name
- Contact Email
- NOTE: Please allow up to 24 hours for the API Key and Secret to be active
- For sandbox testing your Client Success rep will provide you with separate credentials
CONFIGURING 3D VERIFY IN A GATEWAY PROFILE
Once your Client Success rep has enabled 3D Verify in your platform you are able to add your gateway profile. To configure 3D Verify in your platform, you will go to Admin > Providers and select "Add New Provider Profile" from the Actions drop down menu. Select 'Payment/Gateway' as the type, select the 3D Verify enabled gateway provider (such as LimeLight) from the Provider drop-down list, and fill out the required gateway parameters. Select Yes in the LimeLight 3D Verify field.
3D VERIFY SERVERLESS IMPLEMENTATION
You will need to configure your checkout page properly in order to use 3D Verify. For instructions and examples please visit our API documentation here: https://developer.limelightcrm.com/docs.html#/reference/3d-verify-guide
Here is the indicator of a successful processed secure transaction within the LimeLight / LimeLight 2.0 / NMI gateway terminal:
Please be advised that the following Merchant Category Codes are NOT supported with 3D Verify:
MCC 4829: Wire Transfer/Money Order.
MCC 5967: Direct Marketing-Inbound Teleservices.
MCC 6051: Non-Financial Institution-Foreign Currency, Money Order (not Wire Transfer), Travelers’ Cheques.
MCC 7995: Betting, including Lottery Tickets, Casino Gaming Chips, Off-Track Betting and Wagers at Race Tracks.
NMI Processors that support 3D Verify:
First Data Canada
First Data Nashville
First Data Nashville North V2
Global Payments - East
Global Payments Canada
Litle & Co.
National Merchants Association
Pivotal Payments GlobalOne
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Does the NewOrder call change at all for 3D Verify requests?
Yes, the 3D parameters must be passed along in the NewOrder request to be forwarded to the payment gateway. If they are not passed in with the NewOrder request, they will NOT be sent to the gateway and the transaction cannot be "3D Protected"
How is the NewOrder call formatted with the 3D parameters?
I don’t see the verify_3d_temp_id mentioned in the API documentation any more, where do I add it?
For the serverless implementation the ‘verify_3d_temp_id’ parameter is no longer required