The Chargeback Analysis dashboard provides analysis of the impact of chargebacks on the business. When done properly, merchants are able to analyze the data contained in the chargeback report to detect patterns and evaluate risk.
The dashboard presents key measures such as overall chargeback rate, chargeback data by subscription cycle, chargeback rates by card type (i.e. Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and AMEX) and affiliates with a high number of chargebacks. Additionally, Refund Rate is captured in this report and is used in line with chargeback rate to identify correlations between providing a full product refund and chargeback ratio.
This report provides an overview of chargebacks by trend over time, type of chargeback, affiliate sources generating orders with chargebacks and deep analysis of chargebacks by cycle.
- Make operational or technical adjustments to reduce the number of chargebacks.
- Data presented in this dashboard is based on "Chargeback Date" unless otherwise noted. Chargeback Date is the date that the order was charged back without an association between the Re-bill and Recurring transactions (Cycles 1…X) and the Initial transaction (Cycle 0) that initiated the order.
- All test orders marked within the platform are automatically removed from the Analytics data.
- Please reference the Lime Light Order Cycle Nomenclature visual below to understand the way that Lime Light references the phases of each order type.
Please be advised that this report will only show correctly if your chargebacks are being marked properly. This can be automated by using LimeLight Chargeback services or can be accomplished manually through one of the two approaches:
If using API, this is accomplished through the order_update method of our Membership API.
If using the interface, this is accomplished through the order details by checking the chargeback checkbox and choosing the appropriate chargeback date.
You may find the following Help Center articles relevant to Analytics helpful.
- Analytics Overview
- Glossary of Measures
- Glossary of Terms
- How to use Filters
- Analytics Vs. Reports - Data Calculation Methodology